Signagi is a town in Georgia"s easternmost region of Kakheti and the administrative center of the Signagi municipalitety . It is as a settlement is first recorded in the early 18th century. In 1762 king Heraclius 2 of Georgia sponsored the construction of the town and erected a fortress to defend the area from marauding attacks by Dagestan tribesmen.
Gremi is a 16th century architectural monument . Gremi was the capital of the kingdom of Kakheti. The walls are adorned with a series of portraits of the kings of Kakheti by the modern georgian painter Levan Chogoshvili.
Nekresi is a historic town in Kakheti. In the 4 th century AD king Thrdat built a church in this place.. This church became a refuge to one of the Assyrian fathers, in the late 6th century. Around this time diocese of Nrkresi was established which existed until the 19 th century.
Alaverdi monastery is a georgian eastern orthodox monastery located 25 km from Akhmeta. While parts of monastery date back to 6th century, the present day cathedral was built in the 11th century by Kvirike 3 of Kakheti. The monastery was founded by Joseph Alaverdi Situated in the hearth of the world"s oldest wine region, the monks also make their own wine, known as Alaverdi monastery cellar.
Ikalto is a village about 10 km west of the town Telavi in the Kakheti region of eastern Georgia. It is mostly known for its monastery complex and the Ikalto academy. There are three churches on the monastery grounds-Khvataeba, Kvelatsminda, Sameba.
Telavi is the main city and administrative center of Georgia"s eastern province of Kakheti. The first archaeological finding from Telavi date back to the Bronze age. From the 10th until the 12th century AD Telavi served as the capital of the kingdom of Kakhet-Hereti.