Odzun is a major and historic village in the Lor province of Armenia. It is situated on a plateau above the left bank of the Debed river gorge, about a thousand metres above the Yerevan-Tbilisi highway, a few kilometres of the town of Alaverdi. It is famous for the 5-7 th century Odzun church, one of the finest Armenian basilicas with a cupola, overlooking the gorge. In the 1st century AD Thomas the apostle one of the twelve disciples of Jesus came to Odzun.
Sanahin monastery is an Armenian monastery founded in the 10th century in the Lori province of Armenia. The name Sanahin literally translates from Armenian as "this one is older than that one" presumably representing a claim to having an older monastery than the neighbouring Haghpat monastery. The two villages and their monasteries are similar in many ways, and lie in plain view of each other on a dissected plateau formation, separated by a small river flowing into the Debed river. As with Haghpat Sanahin is frequently by an increasing number of tourists.
Akhtala also known as Pghindzavank is a 10th-century fortified Armenian apostolic church monastery located in the town of Akhtala in the marz of Lori, 185 kilometers north of Yerevan. The monastery is currently inactive .The fortress played a major role in protecting the north-western regions of Armenia and is among the most well preserved of all in modern Armenia. Between 1887 and 1889 the french archaeologist Jacues de Morgan discovered 576 rectangular stone sepulchers, along with cultural items made of clay , bronze and iron near Akhtala dating back to the 8th century BC. The fortress was almost certainly built on top of bronze and iron age foundations. It was built in the late tenth century by the Kyurikids.