Tbilisi is one of the most beautiful sights in Georgia. Tbilisi is lying on the banks of the Kura river. Tbilisi"s varied history is reflected in its architecture , which is a mix of a medieval, classical middle eastern , Stalinist, and modernest structures. Tourist destination include cathedrals like Sameba, Sioni, Rustaveli avenue, Agmashenebeli avenue, Narikala fortress, geotgian national museum.
Kakheti is a region formd in the 1990s in eastern Georgia from the historical province of Kakheti . In 1762 the Kakhetia kingdom was united with the neighboring georgian kingdom of Kartli into the kingdom of Kartli-Kaxeti under king Erekle 2. Following the traty of Georgievsk and the sack of Tbilisi by Agha Mohammad khan, in 1801 the kingdom Kartli-Kakheti was annexed to the Russian empire. Since the Georgian independence in 1991, Kakheti has been a region of the republic of Georgia Telavi is still its capital.
Signagi is a town in Georgia"s easternmost region of Kakheti. It"s one of Georgias smallest towns , it serves as a popular tourist destination due to its location at the heart of Georgia"s wine-growing regions.Signagi as a settlement is first recorded in the early 18th century. King Heraklius 2 of Georgia sponsored the constraction of the town and erected a fortress to defend the area from marauding attacks by Dagestan tribesmen.
Mirzaani is a village in Georgia.. There was born a famous painter Niko Pirosmani . There works musem of Niko Pirosmani.
The monastery of St. Nino at Bodbe is a Georgian orthodox monastic complex. Originally built in the 9th century , it has been remodeled , especially in the 17th century . The monastery now functions as a nunnery and is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia , due to its association with St. Nino the 4th century female evangelist of georgia s, whose relics are shrined there.
Tsinandali is a village in Kakheti, Georgia, noted for the estate and its historic winery which once belonged to the 19th-century aristocratic poet Alexsander Chavchavadze, it is situated in the district of Telavi. He inherited this village lying in the Alazani river vally from his father Garsevan. The Tsinandali garden was renovated in 1887 and passed to the state in 1917. In 1947 the estate was organized into a museum.
Telavi is the main city and administrative center of Georgia"s eastern province of kakheti. The first archaeological findings from Telavi date back to the Bronze age. Telavi began to transform into a fairly important and large political and administrative center in the 8th century AD. From the 10th until the 12 th century AD Telavi served as the capital of the kingdom of Kakheti and later kingdom of Kakhet-Hereti.