Karmravor church also known as the church of holy mother of God is a 7th-century Armenian apostolic church in the town of Ashtarak in the Aragatsotn province. It is located in not too far from the town of Ashtarak, Aragatsotn region. The construction of the church took place in the 7th century and was initiated by priests Manas and Gregory. The church is very small , but it has already managed to gain some attention. The dome is of particular interest .It"s of the colour red, which is the main reason why the church is called karmravor.It also has the name St. Astvatsatsin.
Odzun is a major and historic village in the Lor province of Armenia. It is situated on a plateau above the left bank of the Debed river gorge, about a thousand metres above the Yerevan-Tbilisi highway, a few kilometres of the town of Alaverdi. It is famous for the 5-7 th century Odzun church, one of the finest Armenian basilicas with a cupola, overlooking the gorge. In the 1st century AD Thomas the apostle one of the twelve disciples of Jesus came to Odzun.
Sanahin monastery is an Armenian monastery founded in the 10th century in the Lori province of Armenia. The name Sanahin literally translates from Armenian as "this one is older than that one" presumably representing a claim to having an older monastery than the neighbouring Haghpat monastery. The two villages and their monasteries are similar in many ways, and lie in plain view of each other on a dissected plateau formation, separated by a small river flowing into the Debed river. As with Haghpat Sanahin is frequently by an increasing number of tourists.
Haghpat is a village in the Lori province of Armenia, located near the city of Alaverdi and the state border with Alaverdi and the state border with Georgia. Haghpat monastery is listed among the UNESCO World heritage list in 1996. The village lies on a dissected plateau, a large flat area dissected by deep "cracks" formed by rivers, including the river Debed. The villages of Sanahin and Akher, as well as a part of Alaverdi. lie in plain view on neighbouring sections of the plateau, however a steep and long descent to and ascent from the river is required to travel to them.
Akhtala also known as Pghindzavank is a 10th-century fortified Armenian apostolic church monastery located in the town of Akhtala in the marz of Lori, 185 kilometers north of Yerevan. The monastery is currently inactive .The fortress played a major role in protecting the north-western regions of Armenia and is among the most well preserved of all in modern Armenia. Between 1887 and 1889 the french archaeologist Jacues de Morgan discovered 576 rectangular stone sepulchers, along with cultural items made of clay , bronze and iron near Akhtala dating back to the 8th century BC. The fortress was almost certainly built on top of bronze and iron age foundations. It was built in the late tenth century by the Kyurikids.