Jermuk is a mountain spa town in the southern rmenian province of Vayots Dzor province, 53 km east of the provincial capital Yegheghnadzor.Jermuk occupies an area which is historically considered as part of the Vayots Dzor canton of the Syunik province of ancient Armenia. It was first mentioned during the 13th century by historian Stepanos Orbelian in his work "History of the province of Sisakan". The remaimes of an ancient cyclopean fortress and the ruins of an 8th-century basilica testify that the region around the fountains of Jermuk has been settled long before the 13th century.
Spitakavor monastery is a 14th-century Armenian monastic complex, 7 kilometres north of Vernashen village, near the town of Yegheghnadzorof Vayots Dzor province of Armenia. The spitakavor monastery is located on the slopes of Teksar mountain. The terrain is difficult, but the monastery can be reached on foot or with an all-terrain vehicle.
University of Gladzor was a medieval Armenian univercity , one of the two "great centres of learning " along with the univercity of Tatev that were "essentially of a single tradition". It was established around 1280 by Nerses of Mush and operated until 1340 and "left behind a rich intellectual heritage".
Gndevank monastery was built in 936 AD by princess Sephia of Syunik. The monastery is located on the west side of the Vayk -Jermuk road on the bank of the Arpa river. The monastery which was dameged during an earthquake, was refurbished during 1965 and 1969. Further renovations were done during 2013. In 1875, several items of religious paraphernalia ere found in a secret chamber in the church .The church well preserved is dedicated to St. Stephen.
Noravank is a 13 th- century Armenian monastery , located 122 km from Yerevan in a narrow gorge made by the Amaghu river, near the town of Yegheghnadzor , Armenia. THe monastery is best known for its two-storey Surb Astvatsatsin church, which grants access to the second floor by way of a narrow stone-made staircase jutting out from the face of the building. The monastery is sometimes called Noravank at Amaghuni being a name of a small and nowadays abandoned village above the canyon , in order to distinguish it from Begheno-Noravank.