Zvartnots cathedral is a 7th-century centrally planned aisled tetraconch type Armenian cathedral built by the order of catholicos Nerses the Builder from 643-652. Now it ruins, it is located at the adge of the city of Vagharshapat in Armavir province of Armenia. Zvartnots renaimed standing until the end of the 10th century, but historical sources are silent as to the cause of its collapse. The ruins of Zvartnots remained buried until its remains were uncovered at the start of the 20th century. The site was excavated between 1901 and 1907 under the direction of vardapet Khachik Dadyan.
Vagharshapat commonly known as Ejmiatsin, is the fourth-largest city in Armenia and the most populous town in Armavir province of Armenia, located about 18 km west of the capital Yerevan, and 10 km north of the closed turkish-armenian border. It is one of the historic capitals of Armenia and the main religious center of the Armenian people with the Etchmiadzin cathedral, the most important Armanian apostolic church , located in the city. It is thus unofficially known as a holy city.
Oshakan is a major village in the Aragatsotn province of Armenia located 8 kilometers southwest from Ashtarak.It is well known to historians and pilgrims of the Armenian apostolic church .West of Oshakan is a bridge dated to 1706 that crosses over the Kasagh river.On a hilltop overlooking the town there is a Tukh Manuk shrine with a large khachkar monument adjacent that sits within a large cemetery. There are iron age tomb fields around the area. The village of Oshakan is mentioned in a 13th-century inscription on the southern wall of the Kathoghike church of the Astvatsnkal monastery built between the 5th and 13th centuries.
Amberd is a 7th -century fortress located on the slopes of mount Aragats at the confluence of the Arkashen and Amberd rivers in the province of Aragatsotn, Armenia. It is also the name incorrectly attributed to Vahramashen church. The 11th-century Armenian church near the castle. The castle ruins of Amberd comprised an area of 1, 500 square metres. Excavations have shown that the interior of the castle and rooms were quite lavish with eleganty cavered decorations in the rooms, oil lamps, incense holders and walls decorated with silks and brocades, and with bronze, gold and silver ornamentation.